· SUKKAH HOP-Sat, Sept 25th 3:45 & 4:30 p.m. Put on your hopping shoes & join with all our CAS Youth in our annual Sukkah Hop.
· SUKKAH CELEBRATION-Sun, Sept 26th 5:00-7:00 p.m. Great food! Come experience the Russian Circus and the What's Up Band. Cost $10 adult/$6 kids. RSVP on-line through Sunday 10:00 a.m.
· RABBI DANIEL & DIANE COHEN'S OPEN SUKKAH PARTY-Sun, Sept 26th 8:30-10:00 p.m. Diane & Rabbi Cohen are hosting a party in their Sukkah at 15 Revonah Circle. Enjoy desserts, Divrei Torah and song. Drop by & share the joy of Sukkot
· SUKKAH SALAD PARTY-Tues, Sept 28th 10:00 a.m. Share a healthy morning for your body & soul with Rabbi Daniel Cohen. Bask in the shade and catch some Torah "rays."
· CAS & YOUNG ISRAEL OF STAMFORD HOSHANA RABAH LEARNING PROGRAM-Tues, Sept 28th at YI Sukkah,69 Oaklawn Ave. Maariv 8:15 P.m. Divrei Torah 8:30 -9:30 p.m. by Rabbi Cohen, Rabbi Krimsky & Rabbi Walk
SUKKAH YOUTH NEWS Put on your hopping shoes. Grades K-8th Shabbat Chol Hamoed of Sukkot beginning at 4:30 p.m. Mini-Minyan (3-6 yr olds) · Meet at shul Colonial Rd entrance at 3:45 p.m. · Parents must accompany · Order of Sukkahs-Holbrook neighborhood hop to the Cohen's, Sigman's & Seligson's sukkah's · Leader: Jonathan Cahr Jr. Congregation (Grades 2-5) · Meet at shul Strawberry Hill entrance at 4:15 p.m. · Order of Sukkahs -5th St/Revonah neighborhood hop to the Walk's, Attar's, Wolhberg's, Jubas's & Rabbi Cohen's sukkah's · Leaders: Rabbi Walk, Seth Steinmetz & Robbie Bernstein · Note pick up at 6:30 p.m. at Rabbi Cohen's Jr. Teen (Grades 6-8) · Meet at corner of Revonah & Revonah Circle 4:30 · Sukkah Hop begins at 4:30 p.m. · Order of Sukkahs -Revonah neighborhood hop to the Neuhaus's, Israel's, Jankelovitz's & Cohen's · Leaders: Josh Munk & Yehuda Jeiger · Note pick up at 6:30 p.m. at Rabbi Cohen's Youth Groups for the Holiday 10:30 am-12 pm · Jr. Cong in the old chapel 2nd-6th grade · Mini Minyan room next to library 3-6yrs old · Tot Shabbat/Baby Sitting in Library 3 & under
· SIMCHAT TORAH LUNCHEON-Fri, Oct 1st Sponsorships available. Diamond $250, Platinum $180, Gold $100 & Silver $50. Contact Shelly Senker at email@example.com. Sign up on-line
· TOWN HALL IDEA FORUM-Tues, Oct 5th 7:30 p.m. at CAS Facilitated by Saul Cohen & Rabbi Cohen this will be a wonderful evening to share your ideas & increase your connection to the shul
· TEHILLIM GROUP-Wed, Oct 18th & Thurs Nov 18th 8:00 p.m. at the home of Phyllis Shapiro at 51 Fieldstone Rd Tehillim are recited to a Refuah Shelaymah for those who are ill. Please join us.
· DINNER IN MOTION-Fri, Oct 22nd 5:40 p.m candle lighting, 7:00 p.m. Round-robin dinner. $25 adults (13+) $15 kids. Thoughtful, inspirational programming for adults and children. RSVP by Oct 10th.on-line
· CANTOR'S ANNUAL CONCERT-Tues, Nov. 16th 7:30 p.m. Cantor Wollheim hosts Zalmen Mlotek & friends who will perform 100 Years of Yiddush Theater Music from Shtetl to Klezmer Revival. Cost $20 seniors & students, $25 general admission. RSVP on-line
· MEN'S CLUB ROAST & TOAST-Sun, Nov 21st 7-10:00 p.m. More info to follow SPONSOR A SIMCHAT TORAH OPPORTUNITY-BIDDING ON THURSDAY NIGHT, SEPT. 29TH YOU ARE BLESSED EVERY WEEK. · Ner Lamaor Sponsor-provider of Light for Shabbat' · Yayin Sponsor-Providing wine for Kiddush & Havdalah for one year · Pat La"orchim sponsor-Providing bread for Kiddush & Seudat Shlishit for one year · Ata Hareita
COME CELEBRATE YOUR OCTOBER BIRTHDAY OR ANNIVERSARY ON SHABBAT, OCT 2ND. SHARE A SPECIAL CAKE IN YOUR HONOR WITH YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS! CALL THE SHUL OFFICE TO SIGN UP. WE THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS PARTICIPATED SO FAR IN THE HIGH HOLIDAY APPEAL AND THE SIMCHAT TORAH LUNCHEON. MAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY YEAR!
Note: Rabbi David Walk's BCDS Class has begun! Monday's 12:00 noon at Room 136 at BCDS LAST CHANCE TO ENTER PHOTO CONTEST!! WE HAVE SOME GREAT ENTRIES, SO DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO BEAT THEM! THERE'S A CANON CAMERA GRAND PRIZE WAITING TO BE WON. SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES NOW TO firstname.lastname@example.org JOIN IN THE JOURNEY-40 DAYS TO A BETTER YOU With Rabbi Cohen Go to www.40daystoabetteryou.com The next 40 days begins Oct. 30th STOP IN AND MEET OUR NEW GIFT SHOP VOLUNTEER, CHANNAH KIRSHNER. NEW HOURS ARE: MON 10:00-12:00, WED 1:00-4:00 AND SUN 10:00-12:00 WITH PHYLLIS SHAPIRO WE ARE DOING A GREAT JOB WITH OUR FOOD DRIVE! DON'T STOP NOW-WE ARE CONTINUING COLLECTION THIS WEEK.
· BI-CULTURAL ISRAEL TOUR-BCDS is offering tours to Israel in Feb. One group will leave Sat, Feb 12th and return Feb 25th. For those who cannot be away the entire period, another group will leave Feb 16th and join the others in Jerusalem. Many new sites are planned so repeat participants will enjoy new experiences. For more info contact Bob Abrams or Mr. S at the school 203 329-2186 · 2ND ANNUAL FRIENDSHIP WALK-Sun, Sept 19th at Westhill High School. Come, walk in support of children with special needs and their families. Entertainment, rides, & delicious food. To register to walk or donate go to www.friendshipwalkct.com · "WESTWARD, OY":PIONEER JEWS IN AMERICA-Sun, Sept 26th 10:00 a.m. Jewish Historical Society presents guest speaker, Dr. Kenneth Liba. In the Atria at 77 Third St. · JEWISH BASEBALL FEST- Sun, Oct 3rd 4:30 p.m. at Temple Sholom, Greenwich. Panel discussion with retired major league players. Fan Fest games, memorabilia & ball park style dinner. $18 adults, $10 child. Sponsorships available. Lori at 203 542-7172 or email@example.com · JEWISH EATING & IDENTITY THROUGH THE AGES-Tues, Oct 5th 7:30 p.m. Scholar in residence, Dr David Kaemer, professor of Talmud & Rabbinics. Free at Fairfield University. 203 254-4000 · KUGEL COOK-OFF-Sun, Oct 10th at 11:00 a.m. at the JCC Celebrity judges, guest speakers, so come taste & vote. Admission is $5. You'll take home winning recipes and can enjoy a special Kugel workout. For entry and all other info contact Ilene at 203 487-0945 or firstname.lastname@example.org · AN INVITATION TO BE PART OF "READING PARTNERS" Can you give one hour a week to help Stamford's children learn to read? The Herbert & Sarah M. Gibor Reading Partners Program is a program of dedicated volunteer tutors, who spend an hour a week reading with students on a one-to-one basis. For more info, contact Tricia Hoff at 203 321-1373 or email email@example.com · BAR, BAT MITZVAH & WEDDING INVITATIONS OFFERED AT CAS: 30%-40% discount offered including a donation to the Sisterhood. We carry the Checkerboard, Encore and Carlson Craft lines. We can obtain other popular brands as well. To order invitations call Johanna Akyuz at 203-329-7242 · JEWISH FAMILY SERVICE OF STAMFORD UPCOMING PROGRAMS: Successful Aging, Mon. Sept. 20th, 2:00 p.m. College Readiness, Tues. Oct. 5th, 12th & 19th, 6:30 p.m. & Bikur Cholim Training, Thurs. Oct 21st, 7:30 p.m. Go to www.ctjfs or call 203 921-4161 for more information · ROCKLAND SHATNEZ LAB: Dropoffs available at Yeshiva Bais Binyomin , Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 7:40 -9:40 p.m. Call Rabbi Donny Newman 845-352-3801