Friday Night Shir Hashirim: Rabbi Daniel Cohen 6:45 p.m. Mincha 7:00 p.m. Spirited Kabbalat Shabbat led by Sam Raymond Candlelighting 7:19 p.m.
Saturday morning Hashkama 8:00 a.m. Sanctuary 9:00 a.m. Shacharit: Sandy Shapiro Musaf: Andy Goldsweig Torah Readers: Ben Cooper, Jay Jubas, Daniel Podelko, Sam Raymond, Matya Schachter Usher: Roz Mangot Rabbi Daniel Cohen : "The New Immigrant" Latest time to say Shema 9:36 a.m. Latest time to recite the Amidah 10:42 a.m. No Youth Groups Daf Yomi: 6:15 p.m. Mincha/Seudah Shlishit 7:00 p.m. Siyim on Tractate Megillah: Andrew Bein and Richard Seligson Maariv 8:13 p.mShabbat ends 8:19 p.m.
Thanks to this Week's Sponsors Sanctuary Kiddush by: Judy and Bob Raymond in honor of the upcoming marriage of Sam Raymond & Shari Lichter and Marina Sapir and Alexander Podelko in honor of Daniel's Bar Mitzvah
Chapel Kiddush by: Shery & Barry Hertzberg in honor of the Ehrenberg/Mazeh family visiting from Israel, Eddie & Shelley Senker in honor of their Mother-Noni Barouh, Children-Ellen & Michael, Joey & Bianca and Joshua & Limor and their grand-children-Jacob, Isabelle, Maxwell, Jonas, Liam, Jude, Nolan and Noa and the Senkers and the Hertzbergs in honor of Vivian Weiss & Howard Weiss and Rebecca and Ted Striker on the birth of a baby boy.
Seudah Shlishit by: Rachel Seligson and Janet Bein in honor of Andrew Bein & Richard Seligson's completion of Masechet Megilla
Shabbat Shalom Hospital Packages by: Judy & Bob Raymond in honor of the upcoming marriage of Sam Raymond to Shari Lichter and Rosalyn Sherman who congratulates Judy & Bob Raymond in honor of the upcoming marriage of Sam Raymond to Shari Lichter
Bulletin by: Judy & Bob Raymond in honor of the upcoming marriage of Sam Raymond to Shari Lichter
Mazal Tov to: Vivian Weiss & Howard Weiss on the birth of a grandson, born to Rebecca & Ted Striker
Hillary & Bob Zitter on the birth of a granddaughter born to Elana & Adam Zitter
Sandy Weiner & Marc Weiner on the engagement of their daughter, Rebecca Weiner to Yerucham Pliner
Roslyn & Leslie Goldstein on being recognized in the Wall Street Journal for their significant investment in the Breast Cancer Research Foundation & its first conference in Tel Aviv
Condolences to: Myron Goldstein on the passing of his mother,Eleanor Goldstein of blessed memory
To all our CAS friends and family... Please join us for an Aufruf celebrating the upcoming marriage of Sam Raymond & Shari Lichter Kiddush following Sanctuary Services August 28, 9:00 a.m. Judy and Bob Raymond
HIGH HOLIDAY SERVICE SCHEDULE
SELICHOT 5771-2010 Saturday night September 4 Program and Services: Program "The Road to Return" 9:00 p.m. Service 10:00 p.m. and 12:45 a.m.
Graveside Memorial Services Sunday, September 12 Old Cemetery 9:30 a.m. New Cemetery 10:00 a.m. Independent Lodge 10:45 a.m.
· TEHILLIM GROUP-Wed, Sept 1st, Oct 18th & Nov 18th 8:00 p.m. at the home of Phyllis Shapiro at 51 Fieldstone. Stamford
· THE SOUND ON THE SOUND-Sun, Sept 5th 5:50 a.m. at Horseshoe Beach at the Cove. Join us for a sunrise service and shofar blowing.
· CAS TEEN KICK OFF EVENT-Mon evening, Sept 6th Join in the Tropical Beach theme. Wear your Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses and share a fruit smoothie while you learn about all the great events going on this year.
· TEFILLIN & MEZUZOT CHECK-Sun, Sept 12th Rabbi Moshe Sandowski will be at CAS. $60 Tefillin/$7 Mezuzot
· JOIN IN THE ALL NEW "SUNDAY EXPERIENCE"begins Sunday, Sept 19th, 9-11:30 a.m. This is an exciting all new Hebrew School program at CAS. Featuring Club Mensch! For more info contact the shul office.
SAVE THE DATES: · SUKKAH HOP-Sat, Sept 25th Put on your hopping shoes & join with all our CAS Youth in our annual Sukkah Hop.
· PIZZA IN THE HUT-Sun, Sept 26th Great food! Come experience the Russian Circus and the What's Up Band. Cost $10 adult/$6 kids. Sign up on the web.
· SIMCHAT TORAH LUNCHEON-Fri, Oct 1st Sponsorships available. Diamond $180, Gold $100 & Silver $50. Contact Shelly Senker at firstname.lastname@example.org
· DINNER IN MOTION-Fri, Oct 22nd 5:40 p.m candle lighting, 7:00 p.m. Round-robin dinner. $25 adults (13+) $15 kids. Thoughful, inspirational programming for adults and children. RSVP by Oct 10th.
Ushers Needed for Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur If you would like to be an usher, please contact Elisheva at email@example.com
Wishing a Speedy Recovery If you would like a prayer offered for someone in need of a speedy recovery, please contact Rabbi Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHOTO CONTEST!! JUST GOT BACK FROM CAMP? WHY NOT SHARE YOUR FAVORITE PHOTO'S FROM YOUR SUMMER. THERE'S A CANON CAMERA GRAND PRIZE WAITING TO BE WON. SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES NOW TO email@example.com
NEW! ON THE FIRST SHABBAT OF EVERY MONTH WE WILL BE CELEBRATING BIRTHDAYS & ANNIVERSARIES WITH A SPECIAL CAKE. PLEASE JOIN WITH YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS FOR YOUR SPECIAL DAY! VISIT OUR WEBSITE SOON TO SIGN UP.
JOIN IN THE JOURNEY-40 DAYS TO A BETTER YOU With Rabbi Cohen Go to www.40daystoabetteryou.com Participate in a 40 Day Pledge.
· ANNUAL ENDLESS SUMMER KUMSITZ-Sat, Aug 28th, 9:45 p.m. at the Fogel home, 35 Harvest Hill Rd. Featuring Rabbi Elly Krimsky , Sandy Shapiro, Bob Abrams, Michael Feldstein, Jonathan Cahr, Yerachmiel Altizio, Sid Nachman, & Simcha Rubin. Refreshments will be served.
· JEWISH HERITAGE DAY AT CITI FIELD-Sun, Aug 29th, 1:10 p.m. Mets vs. Astros. Tickets cost $25 each. Supplies are limited-reserve now! Contact Nat Samberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
· 3RD ANNUAL 5K FAMILY RUN/WALK-Mon, Sept 6th , 9:30 a.m. sponsored by the Center Women of the JCC. At the JCC, 9:00 a.m. sign in. Enjoy lots of family fun. To get full info, contact Nancy Schiffman at 203 487-0941 or email@example.com
· 2ND ANNUAL FRIENDSHIP WALK-Sun, Sept 19th at Westhill High School. Come, walk in support of children with special needs and their families. Entertainment, rides, & delicious food. To register to walk or donate go to www.friendshipwalkct.com
¨ MALT 2010 IS ON! Trip info: Departs Saturday Night 11/27/10 & returns Sunday Morning 12/5/10. For more info contact Tzvi Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rabbi Cohen at email@example.com .
· TORAH TUTORS is offering an interactive program with a text-based approach & state-of-the-art technology for Torah learning. Register at Torahtours.org to develop a tailored program based on your needs.
· AN INVITATION TO BE PART OF "READING PARTNERS" Can you give one hour a week to help Stamford's children learn to read? The Herbert & Sarah M. Gibor Reading Partners Program is a program of dedicated volunteer tutors, who spend an hour a week reading with students on a one-to-one basis. For more info, contact Tricia Hoff at 203 321-1373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· BAR, BAT MITZVAH & WEDDING INVITATIONS OFFERED AT CAS: 30%-40% discount offered including a donation to the Sisterhood. We carry the Checkerboard, Encore and Carlson Craft lines. We can obtain other popular brands as well. To order invitations call Johanna Akyuz at 203-329-7242
· BI-CULTURAL ISRAEL TOUR-BCDS is offering tours to Israel in Feb. One group will leave Sat, Feb 12th and return Feb 25th. For those who cannot be away the entire period, another group will leave Feb 16th and join the others in Jerusalem. Many new sites are planned so repeat participants will enjoy new experiences. For more info contact Bob Abrams or Mr. S at the school 203 329-2186
NOTE-THE GIFT SHOP WILL NOW BE OPEN WEDNESDAY'S FROM 1:00-4:00 P.M.